We are looking for a Texture/Surfacing Artist to join the team on our CGI animated theatrical feature film, Seth Rogen’s “Sausage Party”. Under the guidance of the Art Director and Texture/Surfacing Supervisor, the Texture/Surfacing Artist helps to establish the look and quality of characters, props, and environments. The ideal candidate must be resourceful and creative, and work well within a team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Texturing/Shading/UV mapping of sets, props and characterswithin Maya and Photoshop
• Set up Maya shaders/shader networks and use them to achieve desired looks
• Troubleshoots creative and technical issues as they arise
• Works with Modeling and Lighting departments to communicate Surfacing needs
• Ensures that Surfacing files are complete and ready for lighting
• Capable of creating stylized, procedural, and photorealistic textures in several specified styles
• Works within a production schedule and followsstrict deadlines
• Works well in a collaborative environment
• Able to take direction and constructive criticism from the Supervisors and feedback from the Directors
• Follow directory structure, naming conventions and versioning for Surfacing files
Skills & Requirements:
• 3+ years of high-end production experience on a feature film
• Strong artistic eye for detail with the ability to follow reference material and concept art
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Ability to handle the complexity of our pipeline and adaptable to our existing workflows
• Knowledge of Polygonal and NURBS texturing and UV Layout
• Ability to create high quality texture maps, including all supporting maps (bump, specular, transparency, etc.)
• Familiarity with construction of complex shader networks
• Ability to debug complex shader networks
• Capable of solving problems independently
• Takes initiative with ability to work well in a team setting
• Experience with 3D paint packages
• Background in visual arts desired
• Experience in modeling, composting, and/or animation is an asset
• Experience with Mari and RenderMan an asset.
To apply: http://www.nitrogenstudios.com/jobs/
About Nitrogen Studios Canada Inc.
Located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Nitrogen Studios is an animation company specializing in CGI theatrical feature films, DVD movies, TV series, online content and interactive mobile Apps.