Method Studios Vancouver is looking for an experienced VFX Producer for upcoming feature film projects.
Reporting to the Supervising Producer, the VFX Producer is responsible for facilitating the bidding process and the management of information flow for VFX projects. Attending client meetings, breaking down scripts, preparing bids, taking client requests, recording client notes, generating schedules, invoices and work orders are all part of the daily responsibilities of the VFX Producer.
The VFX Producer will also be called upon to assist in setting up and maintaining systems for in-house information flow and retrieval, and project management, in concert with the Supervising Producer. The VFX producer should always be looking for ways to streamline and improve communication and information flow as it pertains to VFX projects.
In addition, the VFX Producer serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients. This direct client interaction requires a highly professional demeanour and diplomacy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working with the VFX Supervisor and production management team to formulate project bids and breakdowns
- Creating and maintaining the overall production schedule and project databases
- Managing the client relationship and expectations in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Overseeing production coordinators to ensure the accurate production tracking of all shots through the pipeline to completion and client delivery
- Managing the day-to-day resource requirements of the team and project, reporting to the Supervising Producer on all resource needs
- Overseeing all client deliverables, and ensuring milestones are met successfully
- Producing internal progress and external client reports
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a VFX Producer on live action feature film projects in an established VFX facility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A thorough understanding of VFX and post-production processes and pipelines is essential
- Excellent people-management, communication and organizational skills, as well as an exceptional eye for detail
- Capable of motivating and leading team with enthusiasm and clarity
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Filemaker Pro
- Experience using Shotgun or similar production management software essential
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “VFX Producer” and your name, as in: “VFX Producer – John Smith”. We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Ant-man”, “San Andreas”, “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature work includes: “Pelé”, “Tarzan”, “5th Wave”, “King Arthur,” and several upcoming Marvel projects!