Method Studios Vancouver is seeking a HIGH-END, Senior Texture Artist to join us for feature film projects to work on close-up, hero creature assets with photorealistic skin and hair textures.
Reporting to the Model or Texture Lead and to the CG Supervisor (per project), the Texture Artist will create textures as assigned by the CG Supervisor. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgement.
- Create textures as assigned by Supervisor
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Ensure all working files are efficiently organized and that all work complies with Method’s technical standards and specifications
- Follow Supervisor directions, ensuring textures created are accurate and effective
- Fully comprehend the requirements of the designs thereby creating models true to their designs
- Create and modify textures by following the creative direction of the production
- Interact with production team in a positive manner and take direction and criticism in good humour
- Report technical problems and potential problems to Supervisors in a timely fashion
- 5+ years Texturing experience on live action, feature film projects, especially on photoreal, hero creature assets
- Knowledge of industry-standard texture packages such as Mari, Zbrush, Mudbox, or 3D Coat
- Good knowledge of displacement map and normal map generation
- Knowledge of Maya
- Advanced Photoshop proficiency
- Technical understanding of colour space
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent team player
- Excellent file management skills
- Good communication skills
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé, demo reel with breakdowns, and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Senior Texture Artist” and your name, as in: “Senior Texture Artist – John Smith”.
We thank all candidates in advance for applying, but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: Ant-man, San Andreas, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, Jupiter Ascending, The Maze Runner, Into The Storm, Snowpiercer, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Maleficent, Thor 2, Cloud Atlas, Argo, Dark Shadows, Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, Clash of the Titans 2, Contagion, and Elysium.
Upcoming feature film work include: Geostorm, 5th Wave, Pelé, Tarzan, King Arthur and more Marvel projects!