Reporting to the Tracking Supervisor, the Tracking Artist is responsible for the tracking of moving objects and moving cameras, within a scene. Responsibilities include preparing and importing shots with the correct data, to ensure they are ready to be tracked, and recreating camera/object motion so that it can be published to the studio.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Uses the tracking techniques, established by the facility, to prepare shots for production
· Imports the motion to appropriate application and, using established techniques, sets up the shot to be tracked.
· Tracks items moving and rotating on all axes for the duration of the shot
· Uses the required tracking software to re-create camera or object motion. Where auto-tracking will not work, the Tracking Artist will hand-track the camera track or object
· Manages notes from Supervisor and ensure they are applied
· Once tracking is complete, the tracked camera/object will go through the layout process, QC and published to the studio
· Experience in tracking software such as 3DEqualizer, PFTrack is essential
· Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, and Houdini is an asset
· Able to take directions and adaptable to change
· Good at improvising and problem-solving
· Linux experience preferred
Please apply by sending your resume and reel to Millie Cox – firstname.lastname@example.org