Production Accountants must have experience in project costing and strong MS Excel skills to ensure that integrity of actual costs reported are supported and use discretion in keeping information confidential where necessary.
- Direct reporting to Finance Manager
- Indirect reporting to Supervising Producers
- In Pre-production, assist the Producers and Supervising Producers to prepare project budgets.
- During production, cost projects to actuals, analyze costs and expenditure; provide weekly cost reports highlighting variances from plan.
- Prepares project income projections and as the cost of labour and infrastructure to support the projects fluctuates, reports reflect these changes giving management information for decision -making (change orders, mitigate cost overruns, re-allocation of resources, others).
- Generates consolidated project income forecast including current and bid projects in close coordination with the Supervising Producers and management team.
- Initiates a post mortem review of project financial performance to highlight successes and weaknesses for improvements.
- Generates reports of actual/recent historical project performance that will assist the Bidding Producers in preparing quotes.
- Bills clients in accordance with agreed payment schedules or as triggered by change orders or advise from Producers, making revisions to invoicing when necessary.
- Follow up clients on payments as necessary to keep invoices current, alerting management of any issues or expected delays in payments.
- Reports on revenue and cost accruals to help trigger additional billings to clients or identifying gaps in costs booked in the GL.
- Identifies and recommends improvements in project costing and work with other facilities to standardize or improve on project costing processes.
- Updates quarterly, or as needed, qualified labour used in tax credit applications.
- Journalize revenue and cost accruals.
- Other related tasks assigned.
Experience /Education /Skillset:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Advanced Excel – Data manipulation, pivot tables, and sorting data.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Accountant most specifically in project costing.
- Minimum Diploma in Accountancy, final year CPA candidate or member
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills, able to prioritize jobs effectively within allotted time frame.
- Flexible to work extra or longer hours when needed.
- Takes initiative, learn quickly, and work with discretion, in order to maintain confidentiality.
Only local applicants or those who do not require work permits will be considered for this role.
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Production Accountant” and your name, as in: “Production Accountant – John Smith”. We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Ant-man”, “San Andreas”, “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature work includes: “Pelé”, “Tarzan”, “5th Wave”, “King Arthur,” and several upcoming Marvel projects!