Method Pipeline leads help shape the evolution of our technologies and workflows to enable productions to work more quickly and efficiently. The Application Pipeline Developer focuses on front-end user-facing software, developing artist and production tools that interface or plug in to our primary visual effects software applications.
Work closely with pipeline leadership to:
- Architect, design, and plan software development.
- Rank, prioritize, and schedule development and bug fixing in a rapidly changing environment.
- Regularly review and assess development schedules and progress.
- Understand production VFX workflow to identify areas for improvement for artists.
- Collaborate with productions and developers to propose, design, and implement projects.
- Support and improve existing tools in the Method pipeline.
- Become familiar and reuse central libraries whenever possible.
- Conform code to Method coding standards and conventions.
- Document all code written on the wiki.
- Work closely with artists and developers in all Method locations globally.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Suggest improvements to any areas of the company to pipeline leadership.
- Be open to share feedback with other developers.
- Expertise with Python.
- Expertise with major computer graphics applications (Maya, Houdini, Nuke).
- Familiarity with PyQt or PySide.
- Familiarity with render farm software.
- Knowledge of Linux systems configuration and experience developing on Linux platforms.
- Familiarity with revision control systems and collaborative development.
- Experience with one or more database systems such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years experience working with visual effects post-production pipelines.
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Pipeline TD” and your name, as in: “Pipeline TD – John Smith”. We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Ant-man”, “San Andreas”, “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature work includes: “Pelé”, “Tarzan”, “5th Wave”, “King Arthur,” and several upcoming Marvel projects!