Method Studios Vancouver is currently seeking junior animators for our Tracking team, working on feature film projects.
Reporting to the Tracking Supervisor, the Tracking Artist is responsible for the tracking of moving objects and moving cameras, within a scene. Responsibilities include preparing and importing shots with the correct data, to ensure they are ready to be tracked, and recreating camera/object motion so that it can be published to the studio.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses the tracking techniques, established by the facility, to prepare shots for production
- Imports the motion to appropriate application and, using established techniques, sets up the shot to be tracked.
- Tracks items moving and rotating on all axes for the duration of the shot
- Uses the required tracking software to re-create camera or object motion. Where auto-tracking will not work, the Tracking Artist will hand-track the camera track or object
- Manages notes from Supervisor and ensure they are applied
- Once tracking is complete, the tracked camera/object will go through the layout process, QC and published to the studio
- Experience in tracking software such as 3DEqualizer, PFTrack is essential
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, and Houdini is an asset
- Able to take directions and adaptable to change
- Good at improvising and problem-solving
- Linux experience preferred
Local Canadian or Permanent Residents only. This is a full-time, contract position. Salary TBD based on experience.
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé, demo reel with breakdowns, and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Tracking Artist” and your name, as in: “Tracking Artist – John Smith”.
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “The Judge”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature work includes: “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “San Andreas”, and “Pelé”