Method Studios Vancouver is actively seeking Software Developers to join our pipeline team for upcoming feature film projects.
The Software Developer is involved in the creation and ongoing support of a large, high-end visual effects pipeline. The primary focus of this position will be the pipeline software at Method Studios including tools, data-flow, and APIs. Production support of shows and artists will also be part of the Software Developer’s responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing new pipeline software and improving existing pipeline software
- Problem solving in a dynamic environment to produce high quality, easy to maintain code and tools
- Collaborating with a team of developers and artists across Method locations to develop pipeline software
- Documenting software, tools, scripts, and systems for end users and developers
- Production support of pipeline software in an urgent and timely fashion
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computing Science, or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience programming in Python
- A solid background in algorithms and data structures
- Experience with Subversion, Git, CVS or similar
- Experience developing on UNIX/Linux
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience testing code and ability to create clear documentation
- Ability to develop code independently or as part of a team
- Experience working in Film or TV Visual Effects is an asset, but not required’
This is a full-time, contract position requiring periodic overtime.
Please reply via e-mail to van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with the subject line “Software Developer” and your name (e.g. Software Developer – John Smith) along with your CV and upcoming availability. We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Ant-man”, “San Andreas”, “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “The Judge”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature film work include: “5th Wave”, “Pelé”, “Tarzan”, “King Arthur” and two Marvel projects!