Method Studios Vancouver is looking for strong intermediate and senior Riggers to join our animation team. Working closely with the CG Supervisor and the Rigging Supervisor, the Rigger will be responsible for building robust and efficient rigs and working with the CG team to implement and support these rigs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- With the CG Supervisor, Rigging, Animation, and Modeling Leads, identify the production’s specific rigging needs
- Design efficient rigs appropriate to the production’s needs
- Advise modeling teams on suitability of models for rigging and any changes needed
- Work with the CG team implementing the rigs and rigging the assets
- Design and implement scripted solutions for maximum speed and efficiency of rigging
- Work with leads and supervisors in the testing of rigged assets
- During production, support all the rigged assets
- Rigging knowledge in industry production software such as Maya or Houdini
- Knowledge of other packages an asset, such as Motion Builder
- Must have some experience as a rigger on live-action feature film, TV, or AAA video titles
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on inspired leadership required
- A strong sense of self-motivation and ability to work with little supervision required
- Linux scripting experience, especially in Bash/Python is desirable
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé, demo reel with breakdowns, and your upcoming availability with subject line “Rigger” and your name, as in: “Rigger – John Smith”. Canadian or Permanent Residents preferred. This is a full-time, contract position. Salary TBD based on experience.
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature work include: “San Andreas”, “5th Wave”, “Pelé”, and “Tarzan”.