METHOD VANCOUVER is actively seeking junior CG artists as RENDERING TECHNICIANS to join our I/O team.
Reporting to the I/O Supervisor and Technical Operations Manager, the Rendering Technician will be responsible for render farm management and supporting backup and archive operations. This role offers excellent opportunities for the right individual to acquire a broad based knowledge of Visual Effects procedures within a production environment.
– Communicate with productions to efficiently monitor and manage the render farm processes and priorities
– Quickly solve any rendering issues, ensuring all 2D and 3D rendering jobs are completed on schedule.
– Identify bottlenecks and help develop improved rendering efficiencies
– Facilitate transferring data between facilities
– Participate in daily archive and restore requests from tape archives
– Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Film-related discipline
– High degree of computer literacy
– Excellent problem solving and communication skills
– Ability to record information accurately and produce reports
– Must be able to take instructions and work as part of a team, with the capacity to work with minimal supervision when required
– Enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
– Good understanding of relevant 2D and 3D software packages (eg. Maya,Houdini,Nuke)
– Experience in scripting with Python and Bash desirable but not essential
– Ability to learn new software quickly, and learn on the job, if necessary
– Ability to work under pressure, if required
– Respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline
This is a full-time, contract position requiring periodic overtime and shift work, including nights and graveyard shifts.
We cannot sponsor work permits for this role, so only Canadian or Permanent Residents will be considered, or those who already have an open work permit.
Please apply via email to van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your CV, references, and upcoming availability, with
subject line “Rendering Technician” with your name, as in: “Rendering Technician – Joe Smith”.
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Ant-man”, “San Andreas”, “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “The Judge”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature work includes: , “Pelé”, “Tarzan”, “King Arthur” and two upcoming Marvel projects!