Method Studios Vancouver is currently seeking generalists for our Layout team, working on upcoming feature film projects.
The role of the Layout Artist includes preparing, checking, publishing and trouble-shooting scenes in and out of various areas in the pipeline. Working under the direction of the Layout Supervisor or CG Supervisor, the Layout Artist collaborates with other 3D Leads including Animation, Modeling, Lighting and any other appropriate disciplines.
- Work with various departments to ensure data being provided and received meets the quality and technical needs of the relevant departments
- Troubleshoot and where possible fix issues before a scene is sent to other departments
- As appropriate, develop techniques to ensure the requested animated geometry will integrate into a photorealistic environment.
- Respond quickly to notes from the VFX/DFX or CG Supervisor(s) before or during dailies to ensure best possible quality is maintained.
- Optimize scenes to ensure best throughput of data
- Other duties as appropriate to the role and determined by supervisors
- Experience in Maya, Nuke, and Houdini is an asset
- Able to take directions and adaptable to change
- Good at improvising and problem-solving
- Linux experience preferred
Local Canadian or Permanent Residents only, or those who already have a valid work permit. This is a full-time, contract position.
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé, demo reel with breakdowns, and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Layout” and your name, as in: “Layout – John Smith”.
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: San Andreas, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Jupiter Ascending, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Maze Runner, Into The Storm, Snowpiercer, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Maleficent, Cloud Atlas, Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, Wrath of the Titans, and Elysium.
Upcoming feature work includes: Tarzan, The 5th Wave, King Arthur, and Ant-Man!