Method Studios Vancouver is currently seeking junior animators for our Roto-Animation team, working on feature film projects.
The roto-animator is responsible for animating a given object or character to footage at a level of detail outline by the department Supervisor. Responsibilities include proper use of studio animation tools and pipeline, maintaining proper spacial formatting as outlined by the layout department and reporting potential issues to the supervisor or leads.
- Imports the tracking/layout data to appropriate application and, using established techniques and tools
- Tracks the characters/objects using approved puppets as directed
- Maintains communication with tracking/layout artists to verify position accuracy
- Manages notes from Supervisor or leads and ensure they are applied
- Once tasks are complete, the animated character/objects will go through QC and published to the studio
- Experience in Maya is essential
- Strong animation skills are required
- Knowledge of Tracking, Layout, Rigging is highly desired
- Experience with Nuke and Houdini is an asset
- Able to take direction well and adaptable to change
- Good at improvising and problem-solving
- Linux experience preferred
Local Canadian or Permanent Residents only. This is a full-time, contract position. Salary TBD based on experience.
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé, demo reel with breakdowns, and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Roto-Animation” and your name, as in: “Roto-Animation – John Smith”.
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “The Judge”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature work includes: “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “San Andreas”, and “Pelé”