Method Studios Vancouver is expanding and actively seeking CG Supervisors to join our studio for current and upcoming feature film projects. The CG Supervisor will ensure the throughput of shots to completion via client approval, and maintain a functioning environment where the artists and client can focus on performance without technical hindrance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- working in conjunction with the VFX Supervisor, Producer, and Production Manager to develop a strong and flexible CG pipeline
- working with the Project Coordinator and Producer to facilitate the scheduling of artists and resources
- working with the VFX Supervisors to provide artistic and technical notes to the team
- developing, maintaining, and/or approving 3D techniques
- providing team-building by developing structure
- leading artists, while delegating roles and responsibilities
- following CG elements from concept through to final comp, overseeing all elements created by the CG team
conducting industry research and development
- designing, executing, and managing high-level CG for use in final compositing through a team, reporting progress to the VFX Supervisor and Producer
- may also be called upon to work “on the box” as the lead artist as show size and needs require
visual targets and quality
- addresses the body of work arriving from scanning. Previews for initial color-correction requirements and initial shot composite requirements
- monitors shot continuity in all aspects of quality control, including final color-correction for timely delivery
- ensures leads are fluent with production techniques
- defines crew training plans with leads
- oversees training of new team members
- conducts one-on-one training with team members
- facilitates production needs of every team member
- guides and mentors team members
- maintains team morale
- tests new techniques and technology as necessary
- helps leads and crew develop “one-off” techniques as necessary
scheduling and daily work
- makes shot deliveries with Producer and Coordinator
- monitors resources, throughout each day, and delegates work priorities based on fluctuations in schedule and shot progress
- oversees the management of the resource workload
- monitors the render queue and reviews previous night logs for deviance on a daily basis
- reviews progress of shots for film-out on a daily basis, and approves shots as ready for film-out when the criteria are met
- performs as a Senior Compositor, completing shots towards final and troubleshooting shot related issues
assisting with notes and archives if necessary
- should have good working knowledge utilizing Maya, VRay, Houdini, and Mantra in a Linux environment
- working knowledge of Massive, Mari, and Syntheyes a plus
Please e-mail email@example.com with the subject line “CG Supervisor” and your name (e.g. “CG Supervisor – John Smith”) along with your résumé, demo reel link, and upcoming availability.
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature work include: “San Andreas”, “5th Wave”, “Pelé”, and “Tarzan”.