Method Studios Vancouver is currently seeking experienced Modeller, working on current and upcoming feature film projects.
Working with the Lead Modeller or the CG Supervisor on a project, the Modeller/Texture Artist will create accurate and efficient models in the assigned timeframe as outlined by the Supervisor. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgement.
- Create models (characters, sets and props) as assigned by Supervisor
- Complete assigned modeling tasks in a timely manner
- Ensure all working files are efficiently organized
- Follow Supervisor directions, ensuring models created are accurate and effective
- Interact with production team in a positive manner and take direction and criticism
- Report technical problems and potential problems to Supervisors in a timely fashion
- Fully comprehend the requirements on the designs thereby creating models true to their designs. In particular:
- Create models with appropriate point counts
- Create models with valid and efficient UV layouts
- Create models conforming to modern standards, being aware of penetrations, overlapping geometry, proper edge loops, etc.
- Create models that can be exported cleanly to other packages used in the production
- Create and modify models by following the creative direction of the production
- 2+ years Modelling experience
- Knowledge of Zbrush or Mudbox
- Good knowledge of displacement map and normal map generation
- Knowledge of one or more high-end 3D software packages such as Maya or Houdini
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Gimp, and Mari
- Good knowledge of polygonal and patch geometry modeling
- Good knowledge of material, texturing
- Good knowledge of skeleton and rigging setup
- Good knowledge of basic expression setup
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of keyframe animation
- Excellent team player
- Excellent file management skills
- Good communication skills
Local Canadian or Permanent Residents preferred. This is a full-time, contract position. Salary TBD based on experience.
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé, demo reel with breakdowns, and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Modeller” and your name, as in: “Modeller – John Smith”.
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Ant-man”, “San Andreas”, “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “The Judge”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature film work include: “The Last Witch Hunter”, “5th Wave”, “Pelé”, “Tarzan”, “King Arthur” and two Marvel projects!