Method Studios Vancouver is currently seeking an Editorial Assistant, working on a current feature film project
Roles and Responsibilities
– Prep for dailies (on Scratch and/or Framecycler) for some or all shows – to include all projector set-up, patching between formats into the theatre, etc.
– Run dailies (on Scratch and/or Framecycler) for shows as required.
– May require slightly offset/earlier day to fill these duties.
– Act as basic Avid backup – e.g. able to load files into Avid etc if editor is unavailable, perform general editorial duties.
– Assist show coordinators and IO with incoming materials, ensure that these are moved to the correct homes and notify all relevant people.
– Assist show coordinators and editors with editorial data management, e.g. entering editorial data into production database.
– Assist with show procedures such as publishing dailies versions or client versions, moving data around for QC, etc.
– Needs to be a personality that can handle high-pressure dailies responsibility & supervisor interaction.
– Experience of data wrangling (e.g. know the difference between ftp client server & web browser, understand the importance of accurate date management.)
– Editorial experience useful – especially the ability to find their way around an Avid, but also just as an indication that they understand how editorial works.
– Need to be a flexible multi-tasker – the role will report to multiple shows on a daily basis.
Local Canadian or Permanent Residents only. This is a full-time, contract position. Salary TBD based on experience.
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé, demo reel with breakdowns, and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Editorial Assistant” and your name, as in: “Editorial Assistant – John Smith”.
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature projects include: “San Andreas”, “Tarzan”, and “Jupiter Ascending”