Method Studios Vancouver is looking for strong character animators to join us on current feature film projects to start in January.
The Animator is responsible for the design and execution of high-level animation as assigned, for use in final compositing as part of the daily work. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgement. In addition, the Animator may serve as a key front-line representative of the company and who may deal directly with clients in challenging situations. Accordingly, a professional demeanor and diplomacy are important.
- Work with the Animation Supervisor, Animation Lead and other animators, as well as Production staff to provide animated rendered sequences as required by the project
- Animate in various styles (creatures, realistic humans, motion capture, vehicles, etc.) as required by projects
- Work with animation software (Maya) for visual effects intensive projects
- Investigate and keep up to date on new and competing software packages and technology
- Test provided rigs and giving appropriate feedback
- Work closely with other departments on issues that affect the animation team, and vice versa
- Modeling, texturing and surfacing, choreography, lighting, match moving and final rendering of CG elements if skills applicable, as needed
- Other miscellaneous duties as required from time-to-time by the Animation Supervisor or Animation Lead as needed
- Knowledge and work experience in Maya required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in character and creature animation
- Experience in live action animation (television or film) preferred
- Additional animation software experience in other animation software an asset, especially in Houdini, XSI, and MotionBuilder
- Knowledge of rigging is an asset
- Knowledge of Nuke is an asset
- Knowledge of Shotgun is an asset
- Knowledge of scripting (MEL, python) is an asset
- Working knowledge of motion capture is an asset
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé, demo reel with breakdowns, and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Animator” and your name, as in: “Animator – John Smith”. We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Ant-man”, “San Andreas”, “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “The Judge”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature film work include: “The Last Witch Hunter”, “5th Wave”, “Pelé”, “Tarzan”, “King Arthur” and two Marvel projects!