As a Groom artist, you will be responsible for creating realistic natural looking long hair, fur, or feathers for Digi Doubles, Animals, Creatures, and occasionally foliage or anything with an instance nature. Grooms need to look realistic and also well setup for motion.
Throughout production you will be responsible for collaborating closely with the art department, look dev / lighting, modelling, and the tech-anim team to make sure the asset looks amazing through out the pipeline through final lighting and in motion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge in how to create long hair / short fur / feathers / foliage using XGen or other equivalent toolsets.
- Able to closely collaborate with multiple departments including: Modeling, Look dev / Lighting, and Techanim.
- Pro-active and self motivated. Able to keep an open communication with Show Leads, Supervisors, and
- Production and able to show progress with the tasks assigned.
- Expected to meet with agreed schedules and deadlines while maintaining the expected results set forth by the show leads, and production. (Exceeding the expectation is always welcome)
- 3+ years experience in a similar role.
- Has worked CG creature projects.
- A thorough understanding and deep knowledge of Maya.
- Good problem solving skills!
- An appreciation of both the aesthetic and technical requirements of the role.
- A strong work ethic
- Has the drive to collaborate and work as part of a team in a challenging and deadline orientated environment.
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
About Method Studios
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Melbourne and Montreal. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.