The VFX Digital Production Manager is primarily responsible for the management of production flow for VFX projects. Attending client and internal show meetings, generating schedules and status reports, and reporting to the VFX Producer on show progress are all part of the daily responsibilities of the VFX Production Manager. The VFX Digital Production Manager will also be called upon to assist in setting up and maintaining systems for in-house information flow and retrieval, and project management. The VFX Digital Production Manager should always be looking for ways to streamline and improve communication and information flow as it pertains to VFX projects.
In addition, the VFX Digital Production Manager serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients. This direct client interaction requires a highly professional demeanor and diplomacy.
This position reports to the Head of Production and to the VFX Producer as assigned on projects.
Duties may include:
- Attend client meetings, production meetings and dailies
- Work closely with the project leads and Department heads to crew shows appropriately
- Work closely with the VFX Supervisor and VFX Producer to guarantee proper management and execution of projects within the schedule and budget
- Work with VFX Producer and studio pipeline teams to facilitate project tracking and management tool development
- Generate schedules, working with the project leads and reporting to the VFX Producer
- Manage crew with regards to project schedules, including oversight of crew hours, overtime and vacation
- Oversee project coordinator duties
- Report project status to the VFX Supervisor, VFX Producer and Department Heads
- Assist with breaking down scripts and preparing bids and budget breakdowns as required
- Communication and correspondence with VFX Production and Editorial
- Authorize and track overtime and its impact on the budget
- Track and actualize projects
- Administrating dailies reviews as well as notes to and from artists and clients
- Create and distribute budget alerts and overages when required
Does this position sound right up your alley? We’re looking for awesome people to do awesome work, so apply now!
About Method Studios
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Sydney and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.