Reporting to the Tracking Supervisor, the Tracking Artist is responsible for the tracking of moving objects and moving cameras, within a scene. Responsibilities include preparing and importing shots with the correct data, to ensure they are ready to be tracked, and recreating camera/object motion so that it can be published to the studio.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Uses the tracking techniques, established by the facility, to prepare shots for production
- Imports the motion to appropriate application and, using established techniques, sets up the shot to be tracked
- Tracks items moving and rotating on all axes for the duration of the shot
- Uses the required tracking software to re-create camera or object motion. Where auto-tracking will not work, the Tracking Artist will hand-track the camera track or object
- Manages notes from Supervisor and ensure they are applied
- Once tracking is complete, the tracked camera/object will go through the layout process, QC and published to the studio
- 2+ years experience
- Experience in tracking software such as 3DEqualizer, PFTrack is essential
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, and Houdini is an asset
- Able to take directions and adaptable to change
- Good at improvising and problem-solving
- Linux experience preferred
About Method Studios
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Sydney and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.