Reporting to the Matchmove Tracking Supervisor, the MatchmoveTracking Artist is responsible for the tracking of moving objects and moving cameras, within a scene. Responsibilities include preparing and importing shots with the correct data, to ensure they are ready to be tracked, and recreating camera/object motion so that it can be published to the studio.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Use the tracking techniques established by the facility to prepare shots for production
- Import the motion to appropriate application and, using established techniques, set up the shot to be tracked
- Track items moving and rotating on all axes for the duration of the shot
- Use the required tracking software to re-create camera or object motion. Where auto-tracking will not work, the Tracking Artist will hand-track the camera track or object
- Manage notes from Supervisor and ensure they are applied
- Once tracking is complete, the tracked camera/object will go through the layout process, QC and published to the studio
- Experience in tracking software such as 3DEqualizer, PFTrack is essential
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, and Houdini is an asset
- Able to take directions and adaptable to change
- Good at improvising and problem-solving
- Linux experience preferred
Does this position sound right up your alley? We’re looking for awesome people to do awesome work, so apply now!
About Method Studios
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Sydney and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.