The Compositing Supervisor is responsible for the management of the compositing team, the quality of the compositing work and the overview of colour continuity on a given show. Working closely with the VFX Supervisor, Digital Colourists, CG Supervisor and the VFX Producer and Head of 2D, the Compositing Supervisor communicates and delegates the compositing needs of the show to the team as well as represents the voice of the compositing crew with respect to workload and pipeline environment. The Compositing Supervisor manages both hands-on operation of a workstation as well as administration duties including mentoring artists, monitoring shot progress, monitor show resource usage.
In addition, the Compositing Supervisor serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients. This direct client interaction requires a highly professional demeanor and diplomacy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the quality of the work from the compositing team is of the highest of standard
- Ensure proper work flow methodology for all artists – mentor the compositing tea
- Develop workflow and pipeline strategies, processes, methodologies, etc
- Provide ongoing information and feedback to the Head of 2D regarding issues in the Compositing departmen
- Composite with Shake and/or Nuk
- Work closely with the CG team to ensure proper flow and execution of CG elements for compositing
- Possess extremely strong technical and leadership capabilities
- Solid experience in leading and training teams of compositor
- Excellent artistic skill
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Expert knowledge of Nuke
- High level feature film experience in live action films
- Strong understanding of color correction, blue & green screen, roto, mattes and tracking technologies
- Guru-level experience in Compositing
Does this position sound right up your alley? We’re looking for awesome people to do awesome work, so apply now!
About Method Studios
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Sydney and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.