To support our production structure we are seeking an Artist Manager for our Vancouver studio.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, coach and mentor Artists
- Work with Production and Recruitment to schedule existing and new hires into appropriate roles and establish longer term recruitment needs
- Maintain an overview of department schedule and manage resource requirements, working with VFX Producers, Production Managers and Heads of Departments
- Managing artist reviews, artist training and project scheduling to help develop and nurture career growth of the artists
- Work with Supervisors, Leads and Production to cultivate a strong studio culture and keep artists motivated and engage
- Conduct project/yearly compensation and performance reviews in collaboration with Heads of Departments
- Work with management team and HR on talent management strategies and processes
- Working with Head of Artist Management
- Represent artists in regard to productions and talent development
- At least 3+ years experience working in the Animation and Visual Effects industry
- Experience in managing, coaching, developing and mentoring a large number (70+) of direct reports
- Knowledge and experience in managing the annual compensation review process, employee contract renewals, salary negotiations, promotions and resource planning are preferred.
- Experience in working closely with executive teams and HR teams
- Ability to think laterally and take a pragmatic approach in order to represent the individual needs of both artists and production crew, within the parameters of a project-based production environment
- Well-developed inter-personal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments and levels
- Experience in dealing with group dynamics and conflict resolution
- Experience working with forecasting, budgeting and schedules
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro and Microsoft Project an advantage
About Method Studios
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Sydney and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.