The Animator is responsible for the design and execution of high-level animation as assigned, for use in final compositing as part of the daily work. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgement. In addition, the Animator may serve as a key front-line representative of the company and who may deal directly with clients in challenging situations. Accordingly, a professional demeanor and diplomacy are important.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Animation Supervisor, Animation Lead and other animators, as well as Production staff to provide animated rendered sequences as required by the project
- Animate in various styles (creatures, realistic humans, motion capture, vehicles, etc.) as required by projects
- Work with animation software (Maya) for visual effects intensive projects
- Investigate and keep up to date on new and competing software packages and technology
- Test provided rigs and giving appropriate feedback
- Work closely with other departments on issues that affect the animation team, and vice versa
- Modeling, texturing and surfacing, choreography, lighting, match moving and final rendering of CG elements if skills applicable, as needed
- Other miscellaneous duties as required from time-to-time by the Animation Supervisor or Animation Lead as needed
- Knowledge and work experience in Maya required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in character and creature animation
- Experience in live action animation (television or film) preferred
- Additional animation software experience in other animation software an asset, especially in Houdini, XSI, and MotionBuilder
- Knowledge of rigging is an asset
- Knowledge of Nuke is an asset
- Knowledge of Shotgun is an asset
- Knowledge of scripting (MEL, python) is an asset
- Working knowledge of motion capture is an asset
Does this position sound right up your alley? We’re looking for awesome people to do awesome work, so apply now!
About Method Studios
Method Studios is an award-winning international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, London, Sydney and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, we service high-end feature film, commercial, television, games and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace.