Mainframe Studios is on the lookout for an experienced Production Accountant to join our Finance team! Reporting to the Director of Finance and the Senior Production Accountant, the Production Accountant’s primary responsibilities are to generate and review production cost reports, gather and track the status of residency documents for film tax credit eligibility, preparation of film CAVCO and BC film tax credit applications, and forecasting revised estimates of final production costs with Producers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Track employee tax credit eligibility by collecting residency documents for all employees and maintaining tax residency documentation database.
- Generate monthly cost reports for projects by tracking cost estimates and ensure adjustments are made in accordance with production changes.
- Meet with Line Producers to maintain detailed cost information and budget schedules, to ensure adequate funds are available and appropriately allocated to required resources for the project
- Perform variance analysis (budget, month on month, and estimated future costs).
- Analyze estimated production tax credits based on residency documentation.
- Prepare and submit applications for CAVCO and BC Film Certificates and respond to any outstanding questions or comments from CAVCO and Creative BC.
- Responsible for liaising with CRA auditors and preparation of required residency documentation for tax credit audits.
- Generate bi-weekly facility schedule reports to track headcount, software and hardware forecasts for the company.
- Additional duties and ad-hoc projects as required.
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe, that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- University or accredited post-secondary degree with a focus on accounting OR equivalent work experience in a budgeting or excel heavy role.
- Production accounting experience and/or relevant industry experience is considered an asset.
- Understanding of the CAVCO and FIBC Tax Credits is considered an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (common formulas and excel functions include: pivot tables, Vlookup, Sumif, Sumifs, Index Match, etc…).
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with and collaborate with different types of personalities and work styles.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Ability to deliver work to deadlines and meet set performance objectives.
- Develops new initiatives and workflows to improve processes.
- Has a solid work ethic and positive attitude.