Mainframe Studios has an opportunity for a Crowd Artist to join the team on an upcoming production! The Crowd Artist is responsible for developing and setting up crowds for show at the scene level using Golaem within in Maya. Working in concert with the TD department and CG supervisor, the individual will work closely with show Supervisors and Producers and implement efficient and effective ways to fill the sets and shots with life.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the helping the setup of crowd assets within existing Golaem pipeline and the testing of new procedures and workflows.
- Work closely with show CG Supervisors, Directors and Producers and implement efficient and effective ways to fill the sets and shots with life.
- Give feedback and direction to the TD’s to help to continue the development of tools and workflows associated with crowd simulation.
- Works with the artists on the show that have been assigned shot implementation to make sure the scene files are being used efficiently.
- Evaluates any issues that may arise in the setup of crowd and devises efficient solutions.
Collaborates with the CG Supervisor in the testing of characters and provides timely solutions to problems that are discovered.
- Attends regular production and department meetings.
- Completes assignments on schedule.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-2 years of experience working in a professional environment within animation and/or production technology is required.
- Solid understanding of the study of motion and principles of rigging and animation.
- Experience with crowd systems and tools. Experience with Golaem will be as asset
- Solid knowledge of Maya, Python and nCloth.
- Experience with various 3D packages.
- Thorough knowledge of CG Animation.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Evaluates and recommends relevant external plugins/scripts.
- Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from Lead, Supervisor and/or Studio CG Supervisor.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members.
- Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs. Highly motivated, pro-active, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deliver assignments on time and meet or exceed department objectives within the production budget and scheduled parameters.