Mainframe Studios has an opportunity for a Lighting Pipeline TD to join the team! Under the guidance of the Pipeline Supervisors and VP, Information Technology and Pipeline, the Lighting Pipeline TD supports and enhances the infrastructure that facilitates a production’s processes and lighting workflow.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Devises and innovates methods of working through the development and maintenance of leading-edge proprietary lighting tools/shaders/plug-ins/scripts.
- Assists in the development of the studios lighting and look development pipeline.
- Creates scripts allowing for automation of specific tasks.
- Maintains accurate documentation for all coding development and follows studio protocol.
- Provides additional technical support and training to production teams as needed.
- Crafts innovative work flow tools to facilitate and expedite production.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the VP Creative Technology and/or Show CG Supervisor in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Interacts with IT staff with respect to operating, file and network systems issues.
- Attends regular production and departmental meetings.
- Maintains contacts with academia/industry to keep current on new research and competitor developments.
- Reads relevant journals and technical articles.
- Delivers assignments per project’s schedule.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and client.
Qualifications and Skills
- A demonstrable knowledge of lighting workflows in CG Animation and/or Visual Effects is required.
- A demonstrable production knowledge of Python is required, C/C++ is an asset.
- A demonstrable knowledge of procedural and object-oriented programming languages.
- Production knowledge of Nuke, including its API is a strong asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Previous production experience with Qt is a definite asset.
- Working knowledge of Maya, including its API and scripting is an asset.
- Knowledge of Redshift and/or RenderMan is an asset.
- Knowledge of Katana and/or Houdini, including API and scripting is an asset.
- Experience with Unix Shell scripting is considered an asset.
- Production experience with revisions control systems such as Subversion, git, or Perforce is required.
- Working knowledge of Shotgun project management system, including its API is an asset.
- Working knowledge of render farm management software like Qube, including its API Is an asset.
- Acquires and maintains up-to-date knowledge in the relevant fields.
- Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from Pipeline Supervisor.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives.
- Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs. Highly motivated, pro-active, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to deliver assignments on time and meet set objectives.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.