At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it’s no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We are looking for a talented Director, Production Finance & Planning to join our team! The Director, Production Finance & Planning reports to the VP, Production, with additional accountability to the President & EVP and SVP, Production and Operations for bids and driving opportunities. The D, PF&P is responsible for bidding 3D and 2D television series and direct-to-video productions, internally and with outsource partners, helping to maintain and establish outsource studio partnerships, and hands off production budgets and plans to Producers. The D, PF&P may also oversee and manage special projects as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, assists with the bid and budget process for all new business (episodic and direct-to-video, 3D/2D), with goal to focus on maximizing/optimizing our internal resources while looking for ways to expand our capacity by using outsourced studio solutions. Final approval via VP, P.
- Working with the VP, P, and key stakeholders creates, implements and launches production plans for all new 3D/2D episodic and direct-to-video projects in studio.
- Capitalizes on existing outsource studio relationships, and actively cultivates new relationships, to expand studio’s effective utilization of outsource partners.
- When appropriate, capitalizes on existing industry relationships to develop new business for studio.
- Works with the VP, P, and Production Accounting, to assist with project setup for proper Cost Reporting.
- Stays current on new and emerging tech, tools and methodology in animation production, ensures studio adopts and adjusts as appropriate.
- As required, leads post mortems on projects and ensures feedback and action plans are being shared with appropriate teams, and future planning of projects is updated.
- Produces “Special Projects” as appointed by the VP, Production, which includes managing all resources allocated to the project.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree/diploma in animation, business management or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of digital media industry experience.
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills. Ability to inspire team by example.
- Provides constructive feedback and draws out excellence. Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information, methodologies and techniques with team members and other departments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly pitch and present story, art materials, production processes, etc.
- Ability to communicate processes, plans and concepts and set clear expectations.
- Highly motivated, pro-active, solid work ethic and positive attitude. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Agile and adaptable to change, can alter course of action quickly to address business needs. Ability to maintain calm demeanour.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Shotgun.