Are you a Designer looking to join an amazing studio with a dynamic and collaborative team? We have some exciting opportunities on the horizon that we can’t wait to talk to you about!
Submit an application now, and in the coming weeks we will begin reviewing talented candidates like yourself for these upcoming positions!
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Under the guidance of the Production Designer/Art Director, on a CG animated film, the Designer creates 2D and 3D designs and/or orthographics of characters, sets, vehicles and/or props depending on their area of expertise.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the leadership of the Production Designer/Art Director, the Designer creates designs that support the overall creative vision for the story based on the determined style of the project.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Production Designer/Art Director or Lead in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Collaborates with modelers to test efficacy of 3D elements, modifying designs as required.
- Delivers assignments per project’s schedules.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- A keen eye for the aesthetic needs as well as diverse visual development styles as required by the project.
- Working knowledge of anatomy, proportion, perspective and composition. Ability to visualize perspective and 3-dimensional space. Strong drawing, illustration and/or painting skills.
- Understanding of CG animation, particularly in modeling and rigging.
- Proficiency using Photoshop is required. Familiarity with After Effects, ZBrush, Corel Painter, Illustrator and Maya is considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Proactively communicates production issues to supervisor. Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others. Incorporates feedback and direction received from Director/Supervisor.
About Mainframe Studios
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.