WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
The Associate Artist Manager is responsible for partnering with Production Leadership, Studio Management and Recruiting to build robust and balanced preproduction teams (Art/story) for various projects within the company. Under the guidance of the Artist Manager, this role will oversee staffing assignments for the artists within their group and serve as the main point of contact at the studio level for these artists. The Artist Coordinator will also help forecast future resource needs within their artist group, with the ultimate goal of retaining and growing our talent.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and maintain staffing spreadsheets for production departments
- Flag areas of risk in terms of artist retention.
- Collaborate with Line Producers to bridge assignments between projects.
- Partner with Recruiting to notify upcoming talent needs that cannot be filled by current employees, as well as skill sets required on future shows.
- Partner with Line Producers to anticipate staffing changes and additional resource needs throughout the life of a project within their artist group. When emergencies arise, help find resources that can be loaned to the show in need.
- Meet with production teams and artists regularly to ensure consistent communication; serve as a liaison between the Artists, Production, and Studio Management.
- Communicate with the artists about their start/end dates, upcoming opportunities, and transitions from one show to another.
- Understand individual artist skills and interests. Help to guide artists through career growth and professional goals; lead honest, and sometimes difficult, conversations.
- Partner with Production to identify areas of growth for artists.
- Support Production and HR through employee relations and performance feedback.
- Manage probationary reviews within their artist group.
- Attend industry events, recruiting opportunities or school outreach trips as needed.
- Actively participate on the company’s Culture Club activities and meetings.
- Participate in additional ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Maintain and grow talent connections and sources through their network while fostering solid relationships with candidates, industry colleagues, educational institutions, and past employees.
- Create a positive environment that fosters the growth of employees and overall well-being of the studio culture; promote a positive and productive work environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 2+ years of production or HR experience in 2D/CG Animation, Visual Effects, and/or Video Game pipelines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with databases and asset management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to establish priorities independently, multi-task efficiently, and work with diverse personalities and all levels of management in a high-pressure environment.
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to develop and foster relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Must have strong leadership qualities with the ability to effectively delegate and mentor individuals; demonstrate ability to build consensus as well as resolve conflict.
- Ability to define and execute new processes and workflows in an ever changing environment; demonstrate strategic and out of the box thinking.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, as well as solid follow-through on multiple projects.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
About Mainframe Studios
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.