At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it’s no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
We are looking for talented Animators to join our team! Under the guidance of the Supervisor, Leads and/or Principals, on a CG animated project, the Animator creates animation that supports the overall creative vision for the story.
Note: We have immediate opportunities on short contracts until October 2020, as well as new projects commencing hiring for longer term positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Under the leadership of the Supervisor and/or Leads, follows the established style of performance for the project.
- As requested, collaborates to create and determine unique traits for characters and/or objects to be animated.
- Delivers assignments per project schedules and set quotas.
- Works to ensure balance, composition and timing requirements are implemented in a way that supports story and character performance.
- Creatively enhances material in order to achieve set standards of performance and complexity.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Director(s), Supervisors or Leads in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of animation.
- Working knowledge of anatomy, perspective and composition. Background in classical animation is preferred.
- Proficiency in using Maya is required.
- Strong aesthetic skills including staging and timing.
- Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to deliver work on time and fulfill production quota.