WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Under the guidance of the VP, Production and Supervising Producer, the Line Producer is the facilitator between Director, Producer and client in ensuring the creative vision of the project can be achieved within the established budget and schedule.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with Producer(s) to manage and update budgets, schedules and production plans.
- Works with production accounting to monitor budgets and cost reports.
- Lead all daily operations of the production, ensuring all departments are managed successfully.
- Evaluates script breakdowns to assess and assign cost of creative production.
- Conducts meetings with team leads to ensure continued progress.
- Defines and implements the production resources necessary to support the creative needs of the project.
- Partners with talent development to hire crew.
- Communicates with department heads to assess day-to-day project requirements.
- Ability to flag potential problems and provide solutions to fix them.
- Responsible for obtaining and negotiating with vendors.
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe: that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree or equivalent preferred.
- 6-7 years of industry experience.
- Thorough knowledge of animation and CG production pipeline, including pre-production and post-production.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional communication skills are required as well as the diplomacy to balance the creative expectations with the financial resources available.
- Must be solutions oriented.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Flexibility and strategic thinking will be necessary.
- Must act with determination and fortitude when tackling the unexpected.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
About Mainframe Studios
At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.