Lux Visual Effects is currently looking for a Maya TD / Rigger to join our talented team of award-winning artists to create visual effects for upcoming commercials, television series and feature films.
The candidate will work within the pipeline, maintaining, designing and implementing tools, workflows and pipeline frameworks and complete planned rigging, animation and caching tools.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Design, create, test and maintain character rigs/setups
• Develop and support character rig databases
• Work with modelers to create a model that meets technical needs
• Develop and maintain character motion, deformation and dynamics systems
• Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges
• Capable of writing pipeline tools to streamline the setup process
• Work with production management to prioritize tasks and understand schedules for pipe development
• Work efficiently within the existing Production and Pipe work flows
• Production knowledge of Maya, Mel and Python
• Ability to create script in Mel or Python allowing for automation of specific tasks
• Strong understanding of human anatomy and artistic skills
• In-depth knowledge of complex character/vehicle rigging in Maya in VFX environments
• Strong software development skills, with a production-minded approach
• Experience in dynamics, hair and cloth
• Experience in modelling, animation, texturing, lighting and rendering
• Experience writing GUI’s using the Qt framework (C++, PyQt or PySide)
• Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
• Knowledge of character Rigging and Animation pipeline development
• Excellent communication skills and familiarity with working in a small boutique environment
• Take direction well, deliver work on time and work under pressure with a positive attitude
• Collaborate closely with the CG Supervisor
Education / Experience:
• Diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is required
• 3+ years of experience working in a VFX production environment
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Maya TD / Rigger.”
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
No phone calls please. Must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid working permit.