Lux Visual Effects is seeking a Junior Production Assistant to assist, manage and coordinate the flow of work within the VFX department for projects as required. This candidate will report to our Digital Production manager / Producer.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Coordinating in-house resources and artists for final delivery of VFX
• Create and update VFX lists and maintain database
• Liaise directly with the VFX Supervisors/VFX Producer of each project and support the production/admin team
• Attend dailies meetings and enter notes pertaining to artistic, technical and logistical information on shots
• Record client notes and approvals
• Correspondence with assistant editors for project specific information
• Use Avid / Final Cut Pro to create a ‘Cuts in Sequence’ document for all shots
• Assist Producer with bidding where required
• Create show reels for website and demo reels for clients, various projects, social media etc.
• Ingest plates, checking plate length, checking plates against references (correct shot # | length)
• Set up and maintain directory structure
• Runner duties including hard drive drop off / pick up
• Other coordination duties where required
• Admin duties: phones/door/mail, packages, cover lunches, absences, vacations
• Tidy/clean kitchen area, check stock/supplies, notify where needed
• Interest in the coordination/production area of the industry, not an entry level job for an “artist”
• A proactive nature and keen attention to detail
• Ability and initiative to create and maintain project-tracking systems
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office
• Proficient and Efficient at a Non Linear Editing program (Avid and/or Final Cut Pro)
• Exceptional client, communication and organizational skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Knowledge of FTP software
• Knowledge of Hiero a plus
• Ability to work as a team player and take direction well
• Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects
• Experience working on a television delivery schedule an asset
• Knowledge of digital and HD pipeline and an understanding of After Effects, Nuke, Maya, Ftrack a plus
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and references to:
w. subject line “Junior Production Assistant.”
We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
No phone calls please.
Must live local, be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid Visa / working permit
About Lux Visual Effects
Lux Visual Effects is an award winning vfx company based in Vancouver, Canada. Our talented team of artists create visual effects for commercials, television series, and feature films.