Lux Visual Effects is currently looking for a CG Supervisor to join our award winning team for a NEW and exciting upcoming TV series! The CG Supervisor works with our 3D department and reports to the Head of Studio.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
– Assist VFX Supervisors/Producers with 3D work flow, bidding
– Identify 3D work flow requirements and discuss shot status
– Work with 3D + 2D look dev leads / supervisors and production team
– Supervise 3d team and communicate artist performance
– Attend meetings, dailies, interviews where required
– Minimum 6 years experience in a vfx environment in Maya
(Experience working in tv + film an asset)
– Minimum 2 years experience as a 3D Supervisor
– Expert knowledge in Maya
– Knowledge of Vray an asset
– Working knowledge in Nuke
– Knowledge of Houdini an asset
– Advanced 3D knowledge: (modelling, texturing, shading, rigging,
lighting, dynamics, colour theory, rendering)
– Pipeline development / problem solving / troubleshooting
– MEL / Python scripting an asset
– R+D + implementation of methods and techniques
– Ability to work and lead collaboratively to meet desired quality
– Strong work ethic, highly motivated, and passionate about work
– Ability to take direction from CG supervisor positively
– Adaptive and able to thrive under pressure
– Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Subject Line: CG Supervisor
Please attach your cover letter, resume & links to your online demo reel.
NO phone calls, we will contact promising candidates.
Only local residents with Canadian citizenship and/or valid working permits.
About Lux Visual Effects
Lux Visual Effects is an award winning vfx company based in Vancouver, Canada. Our talented team of artists create visual effects for commercials, television series, and feature films.