Lux Visual Effects is currently looking for a Lead Nuke Compositor to join our talented team of award-winning artists to create visual effects for upcoming film and television projects.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- At least 8+ years’ experience in compositing digital visual effects for feature film or television
- Leading a team of compositors and being a support for Nuke and technical questions
- Managing the technical aspect of the compositing dept. in terms of Nuke, Scripting, Pipeline
- Work closely and take direction from the Head of Studio / Creative Directors to determine best approach to solve compositing challenges and develop final look
- Perform tasks such as tracking, matte extraction, colour correction, paint fixes, roto and assembly of live action and 3D elements
- Proficient technical knowledge of Nuke and Python scripting
- Present a demo reel highlighting candidate’s eye for colour, lighting, attention to detail and composition
- Strong communication skills are critical
- A self-starter with the ability to complete entire shots alone or working with a team
- Must be highly motivated and passionate about their work
- Able to take direction positively, be highly organized and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines in a fast-paced production environment
- 3D and/or on-set production experience is a bonus
To Apply, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Lead Compositor
Please attach your cover letter, resume with references & links to your online demo reel.
No phone calls please, we will contact promising candidates.
Only local residents with Canadian citizenship and/or valid working permits.
About Lux Visual Effects
Lux Visual Effects is an award winning vfx company based in Vancouver, Canada. Our talented team of artists create visual effects for commercials, television series, and feature films.