- A bachelor’s degree in New Media, Multimedia or Mass communications
- Diploma in Visual Effects from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Graphic Design
- Minimum 1 year experience in Visual Effects
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro or Final Cut and NukeX.
- Knowledge in Mari, Silhouette FX, Mental Ray, VRay, lightroom and Linux is an asset.
- Some knowledge of Maya (or other 3D software) is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates the candidate’s artistic talent and range.
- Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication of the programs and college.
- Establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials
- Develop the graphic elements for advertising objectives
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements for advertising in multimedia and image processing or editing, layout and using design software
- Use existing photo and video content to produce images or video that assists in advertising and communication needs
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials, such as Web sites, social media sites and other promotional avenues
- Assisting with all print, web and multimedia promotions.
- Assist students in creating demo reels for self promotion
- Creating Video advertising for the College and program promotion.
- Assist the department with submitting student work to festivals and industry
- Develop and produce realistic material and final media, using computer software such as those listed above, for printed materials such as books, magazines, packaging, greeting cards and stationery.
Reporting to the Senior Educational Administrator, accountable to the Director working with program leads, in support of the promotions for the programs.
The Advertising Artist will provide professional, expert and courteous front line promotional support.
The Adverting Artist will have working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Final Cut and NukeX. Knowledge of Linux systems, After Effects, Mari, Silhouette FX, Mental Ray and VRay, is also beneficial.
The employee needs to be highly organized, energetic and is a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment and will provide support to the Team. We are looking for candidates who are willing to work with Lost Boys for a minimum of two years.
The advertising artists will use their knowledge of visual communication concepts (design, layout, color, composition, image processing, etc.) to create artwork for use in advertisements across a wide variety of platforms.
Wage Range: $22.50-25.00
Apply to: email@example.com