Lost Boys | School of Visual Effects is looking to fill a position of Houdini Effects Technical Director Program Lead.
– Design and delivery of effects technical director curriculum in the classroom, using appropriate software such as Houdini, basic Nuke, Kdenlive, and others.
– Teach and lecture on specialized topics to support effects technical director career preparation, including but not limited to industry studies, exercises, projects, career preparation, and exams.
– Insure all lectures are recorded and saved to our secure internal server, verifying audio/video quality is sufficient for subsequent review.
– Work closely with appointed staff to ensure that all curriculum, (primarily lecture video content) is uploaded and documented effectively for access through our online curriculum management system.
– Provide one on one mentoring to the students, supporting portfolio and professional job skills development.
– Research new effects techniques/workflows and maintain close industry contact to maintain ongoing curriculum development to ensure an industry relevant curriculum.
– Research and make recommendations for software and hardware specific to the visual effects field; install software and maintain workstations as required.
– Grading all relevant student projects, courses, and exams by the deadlines required by the school administration.
– Completion of Bachelors Degree or College Diploma in a relevant field
– Prior experience in instruction or mentorship an asset
– A minimum of 5 years production experience working on high end broadcast and feature film visual effects projects an asset.
Practical experience in several or all of the following disciplines:
– Procedural workflows (geometry & texturing)
– Mantra/Redshift shading, lighting, & rendering
– Environmental effects (rain, snow, dust, smoke…)
– Particle systems
– Digital destruction workflows
– Fluid effects
– Python & VEX
Full-time, 35 hour per weeks, Permanent
4 weeks paid vacation per year
Salary ranges on experience ($80,000 – 120,000.00 per year)
Language of work is English
As a trade school, Lost Boys takes great pride in our near perfect placement rate. We meet regularly with key industry personnel to insure our program curriculum is relevant and meeting their hiring needs. We also strive to create a perfect hybrid of education and simulated studio environment. Our curriculum is project based in nature with theoretical lecture constantly being balanced with practical application. Much of our core curriculum is previously recorded video content and delivered through our online curriculum management system. You will be expected to work together with our FXTD Program Lead based out of Montreal location to adapt and shape the future curriculum design.
Apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost Boys Studios, 1825 Victoria Diversion, Vancouver, BC Canada V5N 2K2
About Lost Boys Studios
Lost Boys is one of the world's leading visual effects Schools and one of the only school offering a dedicated FX TD program