Lost Boys | School of Visual Effects is looking to fill a position of Effects Technical Director Program Lead.
Our ideal candidate would possess:
- Prior experience in instruction/mentor ship
- A minimum of five years production experience working on high end broadcast and feature film visual effects projects.
- The ability to work (or have the qualifications to obtain a Visa) within Canada
- A positive and supportive attitude, everyone of our students are important to us.
Practical experience in several or all of the following disciplines:
- Procedural workflows (geometry & texturing)
- Mantra/Redshift shading, lighting, & rendering
- Environmental effects (rain, snow, dust, smoke…)
- Particle systems
- Digital destruction workflows
- Fluid effects
- Python & VEX
Contract consists of 35 hour weeks.
- Steady and predictable work weeks
- Working with a small, vibrant, and growing company
- Owners that are approachable and open to suggestions
- Small class sizes (6-8 students per intake)
- High quality of student applicants
- Curriculum already developed
As a trade school, Lost Boys takes great pride in our near perfect placement rate. We meet regularly with key industry personnel to insure our program curriculum is relevant and meeting their hiring needs. We also strive to create a perfect hybrid of education and simulated studio environment. Our curriculum is project based in nature with theoretical lecture constantly being balanced with practical application. Much of our core curriculum is previously recorded video content and delivered through our online curriculum management system. You will be expected to work together with our FXTD Program Lead based out of Montreal location to adapt and shape the future curriculum design.
About Lost Boys Studios
Lost Boys is one of the world's leading visual effects Schools and one of the only school offering a dedicated FX TD program