We are looking for a Houdini FX Artists with some experience in creating high-end 3D effects for advertising, film or broadcast projects. This is a full-time position for an enthusiastic person looking to become a part of our team. Someone who is creative and technical, who can assist student working on a variety of projects.
This full-time position would entail:
· One on one help with students during lab time.
· Assistance for reference gathering trips, shoots for group projects and practical FX, VFX studio tours, and general help with on/off site activities.
· Basic lecture/public speaking abilities and the willingness to grow with the position to eventually deliver some classes.
· The adoption and application of our FX and teaching methodologies, and a general helpful/positive outlook for the growth and progress of students.
· Continued self-learning as software and workflows advance.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is proficient in Houdini FX, and has general work experience in FX TD positions. This would not be a short term/contract job, therefore a sincere interest in teaching and FX education is also necessary. Teaching experience is a bonus.
Experience and Skills:
· beginner to mid level of Houdini proficiency.
· Basic Nuke/compositing proficiency.
· Understanding of Python scripting.
· Linux proficiency
· Previous teaching experience in a post-secondary environment.
· Excellent communication skills with both students and colleagues.
· Strong time management / organizational skills.
· Positive attitude and solid work ethic.
· Experience in a studio environment in 3D or FX.
· Experience with other FX software such as Fumefx, Realflow, Bifrost, Massive, or proprietary FX solutions Wage range: $18-24.00
This position would start March 2017
About Lost Boys Studios
Lost Boys is one of the world's leading visual effects Schools and one of the only school offering a dedicated FX TD program