Social Media and Web Manager – Lost Boys School of VFX
Introducing Lost Boys School of VFX!
What’s in a name?
Lost Boys originates from the Peter Pan stories created by Scottish novelist and playwright J. M. Barrie, later to be pushed into popular culture as an animated feature film by Walt Disney. Reflecting the youthful culture of visual effects production where fantastical experiences and stories are created, Lost Boys became a place where artist vision and playful creative innovation became a daily occurrence. Today, it is a point of great pride to call oneself a Lost Boy and to carry on our 25+ years of creative legacy.
Who loves working here?
“It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness”
J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
At Lost Boys, we believe that the road to building a truly extraordinary school of VFX lies in building an equally extraordinary team. We seek to attract passionate industry professionals who are eager to share their knowledge with the next generation of creative minds behind the movies and television shows we love. We believe that a genuine love of mentoring and inspiring creative growth and exploration in a safe and supportive environment are the keys to developing the future of our craft.
The mission ahead:
Lost Boys is on the hunt for our next Social Media and Web Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for capturing and sharing the vibrancy and creative innovation of our institution. You will visit our school periodically to document student activities, class lectures, guest visitors, social events, and our biannual graduation ceremonies. Please note that this is a part-time/contractual/freelance position that requires flexibility to create and manage content when needed. We are estimating a workload of 10 hours per week for the time being, with larger projects being quoted on a case-by-case basis.
Day-to-day – You’ll accomplish:
- Capture high-quality photos and videos during campus visits to highlight our educational activities and social events.
- Create engaging, educational, and inspirational content for our social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok.
- Edit short-form content using Adobe Creative Suite tools to ensure all posts align with our brand and effectively communicate our mission and activities.
- Interview students and alumni to share their stories in written and video formats.
- Regularly monitor and update our social media platforms to build engagement and maintain a positive and active online presence.
- Manage and update our WordPress website, ensuring content is current, accurate, and engaging.
Your track record:
- Artistic ability with image and graphic design.
- Proficiency in capturing high-quality photography and videography.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite tools for video editing, graphic design, and photo editing.
- Solid understanding of different social media platforms and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with WordPress website editing.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under deadlines.
- Added bonus if you are comfortable with computer hardware maintenance and have the ability to perform routine maintenance tasks.
- Prior experience in the education sector or similar industries.
- Familiarity with the visual effect industry.
Not sure if you’re a fit? Drop us a line to say hello 🙂
At Lost Boys, we strive to create a safe and supportive environment where everyone’s unique perspective is welcomed. We believe that in order to create the most engaging learning experience possible, many diverse voices are required.