Are you the visual wizard that uses special “magic” to bring a scene to life? Can you see and spot potentials where they can be utilized to achieve greater quality? If so, show us what you’ve got!
At Kabam Vancouver, we’re looking for VFX Artist to join our talented and growing team. This is a 6 months contract position with possibility of extension. You are someone who can turn visual from good to great. In a team environment, you also join forces with others not only to maintain, but also to push the boundary on what can be achieved visually.
As one of the world’s leaders in AAA console quality games for mobile devices, Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behavior to create immersive games. More specifically, our Vancouver Studio is the creator of Marvel: Contest of Champions and Fast & Furious Legacy. While our dedicated and passionate team is the driver behind the success of our games, it’s the close-knitted and fun-loving culture that defines our competitive advantage.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Conceptualize and create stunning visuals effects for our AAA mobile games using Unity3D, standard 3D packages such as Maya/Houdini, as well as proprietary VFX tools
- Create VFX in a wide range of styles, from to realistic VFX using advanced 3D simulations to stylized traditional animation techniques
- Maintain a consistent art style under the supervision of the Lead Artist
- Work with Level Designers and Team Leads to create VFX for gameplay, embellishing environments and memorable cinematic moments
- Collaborate with UI/UX Leads to produce VFX for enhancing the user interface experience
- Work closely with VFX Leads to address pipeline issues
Culture and teamwork are something we fight hard to maintain in our team, so willingness to communicate ideas openly, collaborate with other team members, and become an owner to all your tasks is absolutely necessary. Having said that, we are still a fun bunch; your quirkiness will be celebrated, and curious minds will be rewarded here. Our desks are full of gadgets and little figurines we’ve collected over the years, there are random drawings you’ll see in meeting rooms, and you will often see dogs (and humans) running around the cozy home we call office.
Adding to the ingredient of success, you will bring:
- Certification or degree in Motion Graphics, VFX or traditional animation
- Expert knowledge with particle systems in Maya and/or Houdini
- 2+ years of experience as a VFX Artist in a games, post/video production, VFX, or feature animation
- Advanced knowledge of real-time particle systems, rigid simulation, shaders, and materials
- Strong personal motivation for excellence complimented with great communication skills (both verbally and written)
- Proven track record to working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
For those who want to take this up a notch, we’d love to see you having:
- Shipped AAA console and/or mobile games using Unity 3D
- Expert knowledge with Unity 3D particle system
- Experience with After Effect, Nuke or other industry standard compositing packages
Sounds like the opportunity for you? Apply through our Careers Page to tell us more about you along with your portfolio.
We thank you for your interest in this position and look forward to starting off a conversation with you.
Kabam creates, develops, and publishes massively multiplayer games that are available to a global audience on mobile devices via its own dedicated channel in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Kabam has created six titles that have grossed more than $100 million each in their life. Kabam has more than 700 employees around the world, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company is valued at more than $1 billion, and its investors include Alibaba, Canaan Partners, Google, MGM, Intel, Pinnacle Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Warner Bros. and others. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com