JumpStart is looking for a creative Game Designer with extensive mobile game knowledge. As part of JumpStart’s Design Team, you will be in charge of the design of top quality mobile games for international markets.
· Work collaboratively with other designers and cross-functionally with UX, engineering, and product management on the design and implementation of new game features.
· Create and own the implementation of fun, engaging in-game events and other game content.
· Create clear and complete game design documentation for game content and features.
· Assess and apply qualitative and quantitative feedback to improve game design and game balance.
· Level design experience: Unity engine preferred
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Team player
· Excellent communication skills
· Able to adhere to tight schedules
· Creativity and an understanding of game mechanics
· Love of computer, mobile, and console games
· Ability to give and take feedback
· Comfortable directing input with other disciplines such as Art, Animation, Programming, Audio and Narrative Design
· Applicants should be ready to provide samples of their design work as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
About JumpStart Games
JumpStart® Games is the leader in learning-based games for kids. Through its own brands, as well as partner brands like DreamWorks Animation, JumpStart Games creates epically fun, learning-based games for kids of all ages. The reality is that kids today seek entertainment through gaming, yet the vast majority of kids’ games do absolutely nothing to inspire their minds through learning. JumpStart Games changes that paradigm and brings a learning edge through epically fun gameplay. Over its 20-year history JumpStart Games has earned the trust of millions of teachers and parents and has released several critically-acclaimed titles including School of Dragons®, the ever-popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Formerly known as Knowledge Adventure, JumpStart Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of NetDragon Websoft Holdings Limited (HKSE: 0777) and is based in Torrance, CA.
For more information, visit www.JumpStart.com, like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/JumpStart), or follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/JumpStart3D).