Position Title: Windows System Administrator
Department: Technology Systems
Reports To: Manager, Technology Systems
Status: Full-time (40 hours/week) Indefinite
Date: 12 March 2018
Located in Vancouver, BC, the Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and upgrade of Server Hardware, Operating Systems/Software and associated services as a member of the Lucasfilm IT team.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Monitor and maintain infrastructure and standards for Windows Servers across the global organization.
• Support other Windows based services and applications, including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, printing infrastructure, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, & SCCM in line with department standards.
• Drive automation around server management lifecycle, including automatic builds, patching and monitoring of servers. Documents all processes, procedures and operations for both internal needs and end users when required.
• Act as a point of escalation for problems transferred by IT Support Teams.
• Work with security team to ensure that systems standards are managed and maintained in alignment with security best practices, including vulnerability management, encryption and antivirus.
• Liaise with other technical groups to ensure that Standards and Technology are in line with overall technical direction of Lucasfilm and its companies.
• Provide excellent customer support, while maintaining a highly technical environment.
• Perform other duties as required.
Reports to the Manager, Technology Systems.
• Bachelors of Science degree in technology related field or equivalent experience.
• 5+ year’s hands-on experience maintaining and managing Windows resources in a multi-platform, high performance production environment using Active Directory.
• Proven experience automating and running large-scale software rollouts to Windows Servers / Workstations.
• Proven experience in building and maintaining virtual hosting environments for Windows based systems, including VMW are ESX.
• Proven experience in systems automation with Windows based scripting / languages, such as PowerShell, VBS or .Net.
• Strong working knowledge of enterprise level storage solutions (NAS / SAN) and administration of CIFS.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, other database technologies a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of enterprise level antivirus monitoring and prevention services.
• Demonstrated examples / proficiency in the use and administration of Linux & Mac operating systems.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines.
• Excellent team player- proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically.
• Detailed oriented, highly organized self-starter, able to multi-task without supervision.
• Comprehensive system documentation skills.
• Strong customer service attitude and ability to work in production environment requiring adaptation to ever-changing production challenges.
• Familiarity with the aspects of working in a creative environment.
• Must carry mobile device during work and non-work hours and be available to be on-call when needed.
• Strong English communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Visio and MS Office Suite
• Strong working knowledge of DNS, LDAP, Kerberos and DHCP
• Strong working knowledge of either Active Directory and/or Microsoft Exchange & o365
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based Enterprise technology, including Active Directory and associated Group Policy design and management
• Detailed understanding of Windows Operating Systems
• Can carry up to 50lbs
Salary & Benefits
$62,600 – $99,300 annual salary; plus full benefits package – 15 paid vacation days, extended health & dental insurance, disability insurance, MSP coverage, and company-matching RRSP.
Annual performance reviews may lead to merit increases.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: 28 March 2018
Business Address & Work Location
Suite 400-21 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1A1
About Industrial Light and Magic
In 2013, ILM planted roots in Vancouver and just a year later, the company expanded into a new 30,000 square-foot studio space in Gastown. A hotbed for the creative arts, Vancouver has now grown into a hotbed for production and is a perfect location for ILM’s first Canadian studio. Executive in Charge of Production, Randal Shore, leads the world-class production team and a crew of talented veteran artists in collaboration with ILM’s other global studios to make ILM more versatile, more flexible, and more prepared than ever to take on the constantly evolving challenges in the entertainment industry.