The Senior Texture Artist is responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
· Works independently and with production team (VFX Supervisor, Texture Supervisor, Look Dev Supervisor) at an advanced level to execute the desired look of complicated CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
· Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
· Mentors junior and mid-level Artists.
· Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
Reports to the Talent Manager, DMS and receives daily oversight and direction from the VFX/Look Dev/Texture Supervisor.
· At least five years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least seven years of relevant professional VFX experience.
· Proficient in Maya, Mari, Zbrush, Photoshop and UV unwrapping tools
· Ability to navigate complex pipelines.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
· Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Modeling skills a plus.
· Katana/Look Dev knowledge a plus.
Salary & Benefits
$80,600 – $127,900 annual salary; plus benefits package – 4% gross earnings paid in lieu of vacation, extended health & dental insurance, and MSP coverage.
Annual performance reviews may lead to merit increases.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Address & Work Location
Suite 400-21 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1A1
About Industrial Light and Magic
In 2013, ILM planted roots in Vancouver and just a year later, the company expanded into a new 30,000 square-foot studio space in Gastown. A hotbed for the creative arts, Vancouver has now grown into a hotbed for production and is a perfect location for ILM’s first Canadian studio. Executive in Charge of Production, Randal Shore, leads the world-class production team and a crew of talented veteran artists in collaboration with ILM’s other global studios to make ILM more versatile, more flexible, and more prepared than ever to take on the constantly evolving challenges in the entertainment industry.