Position Title: Texture Artist
Reports To: Talent Manager, DMS
Status: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Date: February 2018
Industrial Light & Magic (Vancouver) Inc., located in Vancouver, BC, the Texture Artist is responsible for creating creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilitie
- Works with production team (VFX Supervisor, Senior Texture Artist) to execute the desired look of CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
- Responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Works closely with Art Directors, Modelers, and look-development TD’s in achieving desired look of Photo real models.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
Reports to the Talent Manager, DMS and receives daily oversight and direction from the VFX/Look Dev/Texture Lead/Supervisor.
- At least three years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least five years of relevant professional VFX experience.
- Demo reel and portfolio illustrating knowledge and experience in painting, illustration or design.
- Familiarity with film production; computer graphic.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Maya, Mari (preferred), Zbrush, Photoshop, or Bodypaint. Ability to navigate complex Computer Graphics pipelines.
- Modeling skills a plus.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to liaise with various parts of the Computer Graphics pipeline, manage person schedules.
Salary & Benefits
$62,600 – $99,300 annual salary; plus benefits package – 4% gross earnings paid in lieu of vacation, extended health & dental insurance, and MSP coverage.
Annual performance reviews may lead to merit increases.
Please email Marilou Sayco with your resume: email@example.com
Business Address & Work Location
Suite 400-21 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1A1
About Industrial Light and Magic
In 2013, ILM planted roots in Vancouver and just a year later, the company expanded into a new 30,000 square-foot studio space in Gastown. A hotbed for the creative arts, Vancouver has now grown into a hotbed for production and is a perfect location for ILM’s first Canadian studio. Executive in Charge of Production, Randal Shore, leads the world-class production team and a crew of talented veteran artists in collaboration with ILM’s other global studios to make ILM more versatile, more flexible, and more prepared than ever to take on the constantly evolving challenges in the entertainment industry.