Position Title: Senior Compositor
Reports To: Talent Manager. Compositing
Status : full-time (40 hours/week), Fixed-Term
Industrial Light & Magic (Vancouver) Inc., located in Vancouver, BC, Senior Compositors combine live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The Senior Compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Work with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots.
· Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on difficult shots.
· Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work.
· Create generic looks for other artists to apply.
· Work collaboratively with artists from other disciplines.
· Independently provide solutions to technical and aesthetic problems with minimal direction, and can handle the most difficult tasks under intense time pressure.
Reports to the CG Talent Manager and receives daily oversight and direction from the CG or Compositing Supervisor.
· At least five years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least seven years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
· Strong knowledge of Nuke.
· Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color.
· Ability to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Strong sense of composition, color and design.
· Ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting.
· Can quickly learn new software and techniques.
· Strong English communication skills.
· Familiarity with using Linux systems.
· Previous experience in look development and sequence supervision is ideal.
· Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus.
· Python and/or C++ experience a plus.
Salary & Benefits
$80,600 – $127,900 annual salary; plus benefits package – 4% gross earnings paid in lieu of vacation, extended health & dental insurance, and MSP coverage.
Annual performance reviews may lead to merit increases.
Please email your resume to Marilou Sayco (email: email@example.com).
Business Address & Work Location
Suite 400-21 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1A1
About Industrial Light and Magic
In 2013, ILM planted roots in Vancouver and just a year later, the company expanded into a new 30,000 square-foot studio space in Gastown. A hotbed for the creative arts, Vancouver has now grown into a hotbed for production and is a perfect location for ILM’s first Canadian studio. Executive in Charge of Production, Randal Shore, leads the world-class production team and a crew of talented veteran artists in collaboration with ILM’s other global studios to make ILM more versatile, more flexible, and more prepared than ever to take on the constantly evolving challenges in the entertainment industry.