The CG Talent Manager is responsible for managing up to 100 CG artists across a portfolio of disciplines, including career development, performance management and resource scheduling. ILM is looking for an exceptionally talented, committed and seasoned Talent Manager with a passion for delivering unparalleled client service.
· Manages a portfolio of artists, and as needed, provides support / back-up for other CG Talent Managers;
· Develops and maintains current and future resource need models as required based on input from show project teams and other sources;
· Communicates pro-actively with show project leaders and creative supervision regarding overall project requirements, crewing needs (start / end dates) and project milestones, anticipating and flagging challenges as required;
· Maintains overview of crew utilization using proprietary resource management system;
· Facilitates continuous feedback cycle through project mid- and post-mortems, end-of-show and annual performance review processes; gives timely, actionable and constructive feedback as needed to help CG artists grow and improve to meet specific objectives or long-term career goals;
· Collaborates with Recruitment function to define and meet current and future talent acquisition goals;
· Collaborates with Human Resources function to establish and maintain competitive employee engagement strategy (compensation, terms of employment)
· Represents and nourishes studio culture through thoughtful, transparent and focussed leadership.
Reports to the Executive in Charge (Vancouver Studio).
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Film Production, HR, or Communications
· Minimum of five years’ experience in an artist management / resource management function in post-production visual effects, animation or gaming
· Understanding of CG terminology, and a thorough understanding of the processes and disciplines involved in CG post-production
· Demonstrates awareness of up- and downstream needs of stakeholders, including Production, CG Artists, and support teams (Recruitment, HR)
· Focus on strategic approach with the ability to address unexpected challenges in stride; calm, “can-do” attitude with an emphasis on collaborative communication.
· Anticipates risks / challenges and pro-actively develops alternatives with key stakeholders
· Proven analytical skills, effective scheduling and time management abilities
· Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
· Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with a diverse range of personality types, perspectives and talents
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, indefinite position offering three weeks’ paid vacation, health and dental benefits including MSP, life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, and contributory RRSP participation after a qualifying period. Our studio offers a free on-site fitness centre. Expected salary range is $72,000 – $118,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
About Industrial Light and Magic
In 2013, ILM planted roots in Vancouver and just a year later, the company expanded into a new 30,000 square-foot studio space in Gastown. A hotbed for the creative arts, Vancouver has now grown into a hotbed for production and is a perfect location for ILM’s first Canadian studio. Executive in Charge of Production, Randal Shore, leads the world-class production team and a crew of talented veteran artists in collaboration with ILM’s other global studios to make ILM more versatile, more flexible, and more prepared than ever to take on the constantly evolving challenges in the entertainment industry.