Position Title: Animator
Reports To: Talent Manager, Animation
Status: Full-time (40 hours/week) Fixed-Term
Date: 7 November 2017
Industrial Light & Magic (Vancouver) Inc., located in Vancouver, BC, Animators are responsible for creating high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project.
· Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
· Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
· Expected to “mentor” Entry Level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
· Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
· Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to assist the animation team
Reports to the Talent Manager, Animation and receives daily oversight and direction from the Animation Supervisor/Lead.
· At least 3 years relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, at least 5 years relevant professional VFX experience.
· Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
· Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision.
· Good organization and communication skills
· Proficiency with Linux desired.
· Expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
Salary & Benefits
$62,600 – $99,300 annual salary; plus benefits package – 4% gross earnings paid in lieu of vacation, extended health & dental insurance, and MSP coverage.
Annual performance reviews may lead to merit increases.
Please email Alannah Shaffer with your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: 10 December 2017
Business Address & Work Location
Suite 400-21 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1A1
About Industrial Light and Magic
In 2013, ILM planted roots in Vancouver and just a year later, the company expanded into a new 30,000 square-foot studio space in Gastown. A hotbed for the creative arts, Vancouver has now grown into a hotbed for production and is a perfect location for ILM’s first Canadian studio. Executive in Charge of Production, Randal Shore, leads the world-class production team and a crew of talented veteran artists in collaboration with ILM’s other global studios to make ILM more versatile, more flexible, and more prepared than ever to take on the constantly evolving challenges in the entertainment industry.