PIPELINE TD – Image Engine, Vancouver, BC
Contract: starting late January, 2015
Are you interested in working for a growing, independent, award winning studio? This opportunity involves working in a strong, R&D supported pipeline, a friendly and collaborative environment, and with a group of passionate artists all working towards realizing the Director’s dream.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide support to the VFX departments and to the Productions in the smooth running of tasks through our pipeline
- Build and maintain elements of the pipeline with an emphasis on optimizing the flow of our processes
- Create facility-based or show-based scripts and tools
- Provide support for artists in learning and using the show pipeline
- Be an additional point of support for shot based issues, alongside leads and supervisors
- Act as a liaison for communicating technical issues to IT or R&D
THIS IS WHAT WE REQUIRE:
- Considerable experience of Python and shell scripting is required. C or C++ is a plus.
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Graphics, Computer Science or other related course
- Pro-active, very meticulous and accurate in your coding
- Experience with Linux is required
- Able to monitor and identify potential inefficiencies in a production pipeline
- Able to take direction and feedback from a supervisor or a peer
- Team oriented with good communication skills
- Adaptable, accepting of change
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, Houdini, and/or Shotgun is a plus
- Experience building software (SConstruct, CMake) is a plus.
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should read “Pipeline TD – your name”.