HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER – Image Engine, Vancouver, BC
Contract: starting January/February, 2015
Are you interested in working for a growing, independent, award winning studio? This opportunity involves working in a strong, R&D supported pipeline, a friendly and collaborative environment, and with a group of passionate artists all working towards realizing the Director’s dream.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Image Engine requires an HR Manager to provide expertise, analysis and advice to the Head of Studio Operations and the Senior Management Team relating to performance management, recruitment, selection, employee relations, conflict resolution, salary administration, training and HR related legislation.
Your main responsibilities involve but are not limited to:
- Manage full-cycle recruitment and selection process. Work with the recruitment team to determine compensation and negotiation of contracts making sure Image Engine is competitive within the VFX market.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship to the Recruitment Team.
- Forecast and plan for future HR requirements for each fiscal year.
- Advise on strategies and programs that identify, attract, align and retain talent.
- Manage long term career development for artists. Facilitate, prepare and deliver performance reviews.
- Maintain current HR policies and procedures; implement new policies as and when required.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of an ERP system.
- Coordinate internal and external Training and Development.
- Develop & implement retention and engagement strategies.
- Proactively resolve Human Resources issues and demonstrate innovative thinking by researching, analyzing and preparing recommendations.
- Deal with disciplinary and grievance procedures and practices.
- Act as part of the Occupational Health and Safety Committee to administer Health and Safety programs.
- Stay abreast of legislative, regulatory development with regards to Canadian Immigration and tax incentives.
- Work alongside out accounting team to process payroll through ADP.
THIS IS WHAT WE REQUIRE:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Human Resources Manager
- Knowledge of compensation, benefits and other related HR experiences
- Working knowledge of HR legislation and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience in the development and implementation of HRIS or ERP Systems
- Possess knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word and Power Point
- Working knowledge of MS Excel
- HR Qualification a plus
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should read “HR Manager – your name”.