Position: 3D Animator (Mobile Game)
Game Project: Join our talented team to work on a cutting-edge 3D simulation mobile game!
Report to: Lead Animator
Hiring Level: Experienced
Start Date: ASAP
Contract length: Permanent with 3-month probation
Location: Vancouver 5 East 8th Ave.; At Office
Salary Range: CAD55000 – CAD90000 annual
1. Resume & Showreel/Portfolio review
2. Art Test: Demonstrate your skills
3. Interviews: Get to know our team and discuss your experience
4. Offer: Join us and make a difference in the gaming world
- Develop high-quality animations for real-time 3D game assets, including short cycles, locomotion cycles, and cinematics.
- Create visually stunning animations for in-game characters in Unity engine.
- Rig characters and in-game assets using our studio tools.
- Craft simple character animations in 2D spine for in-game assets.
- Contribute to team discussions, actively participate in meetings, and work with the Lead and Creative Director.
- Collaborate with art, design, and programming teams to refine the animation workflow.
- Research and implement new techniques and best practices into the production pipeline.
- Other related tasks assigned by the Team.
- 4+ years of character animation experience using Maya.
- Experience with auto-rig tools and character rigging with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional 3D character animation skills for bipedal, humanoid figures, and other organic forms.
- Willingness and ability to learn 2D spine for in-game animation.
- Strong knowledge of gameplay animation technologies and production tools.
- Enthusiasm for learning new workflows and improving production processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and find creative solutions in an iterative environment.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus to have:
- Experience with motion capture (Mocap).
- Experience in game visual effects (VFX).
- Traditional hand drawing skills.
What We Offer:
Comprehensive benefits after 3 months including health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
18 days of accrued paid Vacation + Sick Days.
Reimbursement for Active Living Benefits and Training/Development fees after 3 months.
Paid Holiday Closure between Christmas & New Year’s week.
Paid Statutory holidays.
RRSP matching after 1 year.
Monthly Commuter Allowance after 3 months.
Monthly team lunches.
On-site car and bike parking.
Work hours: 10 am to 6 pm with 1 hour paid lunch.
On-Site Foosball table, table tennis, basketball game machine & pool table.
Casual Dress Code.
Gifts for employee’s children.
Snacks and drinks provided.
Please apply through: https://igg.bamboohr.com/careers/249
If you’re enthusiastic about shaping mobile games that captivate players globally and want to be an integral part of our Canadian superhero team, we want to hear from you. Apply now and be a part of our exciting journey!
About IGG.COM CANADA INC.
IGG Canada is a premium mobile game and video production studio located at 5 East 8th Ave. Vancouver, Canada.
With spectacular views of the downtown skyline, coastal mountains, and English Bay, our new studio is spacious, high-tech, and inspiring. IGG Canada is a division of IGG (I Got Games), a global interactive digital entertainment company that specializes in the development and operation of Mobile Games. Established in 2006, IGG was founded with the aim of becoming a leading multiplayer game publisher and developer. The company has rapidly expanded its global operations, through strategic partnerships with popular gaming platforms such as Facebook, iOS, Amazon, Google Play, Kongregate, and many others. IGG currently operates studios in China, Philippines, Singapore, the U.S., and Canada (opened in 2013).If you're passionate about creating mobile games that reach millions of players around the world and are interested in becoming an integral member of our Canadian team of superheroes, we want to hear from you!